After the fog lifted from the bay, it was a positively gorgeous, downright stunning day. Due to available appointment times my day had a strange flow to it...but it was an enjoyable day nonetheless.
I started at St. Ignatius College Prep, a fairly decent hike from downtown but I arrived in plenty of time. We enrolled three students from SI this year so I was hopeful that I'd meet some prospectives there but, alas, none were able to attend my presentation. I did have a nice meeting with one of their new counselors there, and I haven't given up on SI yet for this year!

I then had to kill off a few hours and took advantage of the opportunity by touring Golden Gate Park. I was hoping to get in to the de Young Museum but they're closed on Mondays! Oh well. I also spent some time wondering around Haight-Ashbury checking out music and book shops.
My second appointment was in the Presidio at The Bay School. Many students had signed up to attend my meeting; two were able to make it. One of them visited Kenyon just a few weeks back, and he enjoyed his time so much that he's applying to Kenyon via early decision. Terrific news! I look forward to reading his application as well as working with the other students through the application process. Thanks to the counselors for a lovely visit!
Needless to say, the school's campus is awesome as it is settled in the heart of the Presidio. Check out their building and the view from the front steps.

Pretty cool seeing the Golden Gate from your school, eh?Finally, a quick jaunt across the city to San Francisco Waldorf School where it is always a pleasure to see Ms. Rudsten. I met with one student who has been approved for a Trustee Travel Grant to visit campus...we're just trying to find the time to fit it into her busy, busy schedule!

An enjoyable interview this evening capped off a great day. Looking forward to two more days in the city before two days in the East Bay.
From Sutter Street, all the best.
-Noble

No comments:
Post a Comment