Fans of The Simpsons might recognize Grant High School. It's the high school that Matt Groening attended.

I then headed over to Lincoln High School in downtown Portland where the staff could not be more welcoming. It's like going home, and I really appreciate their attention. I met three students at Lincoln (whose principal is a Kenyon graduate, by the way!) and it was a joy to talk with them. Their experience in the IB curriculum is impressive, and their enthusiasm for learning is admirable and inspiring.
Here's a picture of Lincoln's football stadium set in the heart of the city.

My last stop of the day was down in Lake Oswego, home of the Lakers. (That makes it sound as though it is SO FAR AWAY but in truth it is about a fifteen minute drive!) One student was able to make it out of class and we had a great talk. She's interested in swimming at Kenyon and I look forward to making a connection to our coaches.
Evidently the Lake Oswego High School has suffered from some bad mold problems. I was taken off guard when I pulled up to what seemed to be new construction.

How about these cool hedges that stand in front of the school?

Before returning to the hotel for an interview, I fit in a quick bite to eat at one of the best restaurants of which I'm aware. Get yourself to Pambiche as soon as you can for some amazing Cuban cuisine. Their happy hour begins at 2:30 and features small plates at a discount price. It's an absolute steal.
For Erin and Arjav...

From Portland, all the best.
-Noble

No comments:
Post a Comment