
I then headed up to Jesuit for a quick visit. No students had signed up to meet with me so after updating our records there, I headed into Portland for a visit to Cleveland High School. This was only my second visit to Cleveland but I'm so pleased to have accommodated them in my schedule, as I met with five students and interviewed a sixth!

Yesterday I took the day off and walked around downtown Portland. It's fun seeing a city year in and year out while being removed from it...seeing new development and improvements. The Pearl District is a blast! I gallery-hopped for several hours...so much so that when I returned to my hotel my back was hurting again! Oh well. Here's a few fun pictures for you from a store I found.

And this guy, who reminds me of one of my Kenyon friends doing a little jig...
Today I drove up to Seattle for the Seattle Area Independent Schools Fair. It ended up being about a 3.5 hour drive north given the traffic in downtown Seattle on I-5. Fortunately I had anticipated this, and arrived with plenty of time to spare. The fair was well attended and I had the chance to meet some new folks as well as saying hi to a lot of old friends, as well as touching base with many of the students I met a few weeks back. A great time!
I have to share this tidbit with you, too...this fantastic Chinese restaurant was recommended to me so I ordered delivery the other night. It did not disappoint. But the best part? The fortune I received said, "You will be traveling to distant lands for business purposes." Ha!
I'm heading to California in the morning, so I'd better pack.
From Portland, all the best.
-Noble

No comments:
Post a Comment