My day began with a visit to Woodrow Wilson High School in Portland. We currently have one Wilson High student at Kenyon in the first-year class, having graduated one in both of the previous two classes. Wilson is home of the Trojans...I have to be honest and say that I'm not sure of the connection between Woodrow Wilson and the Trojans. If anyone has any insight, please let me know!
The outside of the school:
And inside the front door, a gift from the Class of 1962.
My second visit took me over to Valley Catholic High School in Beaverton. It was my first visit there and I had a great conversation with Mr. Bernard, the college counselor. I'm excited to work with him and I look forward to meeting more students from Valley Catholic.Check out these trees at the entry to the school. They're AMAZING!
I hope you can get a sense of how large they are.
What a cool treat!
Oregon Episcopal School was next on the list. To no surprise I had a great time there. I love my visits to OES and it is particularly fun because we have at least one OES Aardvark in each of the four classes currently at Kenyon. It's also a beautiful, peaceful campus.

And for no apparent reason I took a picture of this tree in one of the traffic circles at OES. I just like the way it looked...
I also liked the look of this art installation inside the main entrance to the upper school.
For my final stop of the day I headed into downtown Portland to St. Mary's Academy. It was a pleasure meeting students and the new counselors there. There is currently one student from SMA at Kenyon. Yes, it might have taken five years but I finally figured out how to efficiently park while visiting St. Mary's! Hooray for small miracles!

Well, that was about it for my day. I returned for one interview in the evening, and it did not disappoint. It's a sincere pleasure meeting students who are so well-versed in their interests, passions, enthusiasms...some days I feel as though I'm meeting the future leaders of our world, in art, music, Humanities, politics...a very cool job, indeed.
For the ladies of Financial Aid, please know that I had a terrific meal of Texas-style BBQ brisket. I don't know if it surpasses my favorite spots in Tennessee, but it's a quality shop.
From the Northwest, all the best.
-Noble

No comments:
Post a Comment