Kenyon College

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Busy and chilly with a chance of giraffes

Fall is here! It was rather chilly this morning, 46 degrees according to the rental, and there was a brisk wind when I arrived at Catlin Gabel for my first visit of the day. Theirs' is a beautiful campus and it's always a pleasure to meet the staff and students at Catlin. I had a great chat with three students and I'm hopeful they'll be able to visit campus in the weeks to come.



My second stop of the day was at Southridge High School to meet the new counselors there. No students were able to get out of class to meet with me, but it was a valuable chance nonetheless to get to know the staff and introduce, or re-introduce, Kenyon to them. Southridge is home of the Skyhawks!



I had a bit of time to kill before my next visit so I headed to Multinomah Village ("The Village in the City") for a bit of sight-seeing and antiquing. Though I didn't buy anything...so I guess I was just browsing. It's a neat little area and I recommend you include it if ever in Portland.

Riverdale High School was my final visit of the day. The senior class was away on a geology field trip (luckies!) but I met with ten juniors (and a few sophomores, I think). It was a delightful time! Students asked terrific questions and the women who showed up to welcome me and listen in were very helpful. Thanks to everyone at Riverdale! And best wishes for all of those that took the PSAT today! Sadly I forgot to take a picture at Riverdale...however, to make up for it, check this out:



GIRAFFEAUTO! What a swell find!

I had three interviews this evening and I'm exhausted, to be honest. I'm going to order carryout from a local Italian place and call it a day.

From Portland, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: