Kenyon College

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Setting up for the final leg

A full day of visits and interviews this evening and I'm exhausted! But a terrific day, so I'm most pleased with my travels. My day started out at The Bay School of San Francisco which is located in the Presidio... a gorgeous spot to visit! I thank Chris Argenziano (who it so happens grew up just a few miles from where I did!) for her time. (Chris attended Delahunty Middle School, in case I forget that, Jennifer.)

I then headed just a few miles away to The Urban School of San Francisco where eleven students warmly greeted me. No problems finding parking there (a first!) and a visit to Haight Asbury just for fun before my visit.


I then headed to the heart of downtown for a most wonderful lunch meeting with Joni and Tina at Summer Search. I was able to see their fantastic new offices (congratulations!) and meet their colleagues before we ate at a fantastic Vietnamese restaurant near their building.


Thank you for the lovely company, introducing me to a 'new favorite' restaurant, and for all you do on behalf of your students! It's a pleasure working with Summer Search.

I had to hurry (and race against the quickly declining gas level in my tank) across town to be at Lick Wilmerding High School on Ocean Avenue at 2:30.


I met two terrific students there before heading south to Palo Alto where I've set up camp through my departure on Saturday.

I'm exhausted and holding out hope for a good night's sleep, so I'm going to keep my entry somewhat shorter for the day. My apologies for that, but after three interviews (great meetings they were!), some ironing and emailing, I'm beat.

My shot of the day is of a mural on Haight Street. I dig the cat.


From Palo Alto, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: