Kenyon College

Monday, September 14, 2009

Catching up from the weekend

A successful return to Seattle! (Though I feel a bit off, and fear I'm coming down with a cold...WAY too early in travel season for such thoughts!) I snapped a few shots of my return voyage to Port Angeles...the weather finally returned to what we associate as 'normal' in the Pacific Northwest this morning, but it is still beautiful. And, in exciting new news, I've found my materials...thanks, Diana! As it ends up, they were here in my hotel all along...merely misplaced.

As we were waiting to depart Victoria I snapped one more picture of the breathtaking harbor:


This is a shot from the ferry as we approach Port Angeles. It was a wonderful side trip but returning to Seattle and being able to meet up with a number of Kenyon alumni in the city on Saturday night was a real treat. It feels like home when you can meet up with Kenyon friends on the road.

And finally, my picture of the day (or weekend!):

This is the festive pig who lives in the lobby of my hotel, welcoming guests as they enter. Fantastic! I wish I knew his name...

From Seattle, with materials (finally!) in hand, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: