Kenyon College

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Travels throughout the peninsula

I greatly enjoy visits to Castilleja School, a school for women founded in 1907 located in Palo Alto, as it is the school's custom to assign student hosts for college representatives. It's a nice way to see their school through the eyes of the students while also getting to know them.

My second stop was up to Hillsborough where I visited the equally beautiful campus of Crystal Springs Uplands School. I welcomed the new-to-CSUS counselors who took time to learn about Kenyon's unique character and ethos of the campus, and I look forward to working with them in days to come. After spending several years working for her alma mater, Princeton, in admissions, Kelly headed west to Stanford for her MBA. But after a foray in business, she returned to college counseling on the other side of the desk... there are some wonderful, passionate people in this profession, and it is a delight to work alongside them.

CSUS offers many opportunities to snap great pictures but I figured I looked too suspicious wandering their campus with my camera-phone, so I wimped out and took a picture at the school gates.

My final visit before returning to the hotel for interviews was at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto. I met with Anna Takahashi and three fantastic students and I can't wait to help them learn more about Kenyon. It was my first visit to the school but certainly won't be my last.


As my travels for this trip draw to a close, I'm beginning to get a bit weary and I've forgotten to take a photo of the day. So, I give you this, my one-time home for two years, but my spiritual home to this day.

From Palo Alto, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: