Kenyon College

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend of work & leisure

Hello from San Francisco! It was a wonderful weekend that allowed me to meet up with Kenyon friends from the past and make new friends with alumni I've never met before. (A correction from my previous post: the Kenyon alumna with whom I met up on Saturday is completing her masters in public health.) Thanks to Ashely and the Bennett family! I was also able to get another round of laundry done, so I should be set for the remainder of this trip (hurray!!!).

I snapped a bunch of shots as Ashley and I traveled throughout Marin County on Saturday.

We headed out to Point Reyes National Seashore and then changed course down to Stinson Beach.

It's a bit rougher than beaches I've visited to on the Atlantic. I suppose it reminds me more of Maine or Cape Cod, if anything.

Of course, I'm always interested in the local fishing scene.

And the terrain is incredible, an other-worldly meeting of mountain and ocean.

We then headed down to Sausalito to stretch our legs some more and hopefully gather some souvenirs for folks back in the office. How lovely it would have been to spend an evening on this sailboat, with Alcatraz and San Francisco off in the distance.


I was joking with Ashley that California is such a dangerous place--look at all the warnings we encountered on our trip!

And I couldn't get a good shot of the mountain lion warnings, to boot...

I did encounter another whale skeleton, the second of the trip if you remember.

Not bad for an admissions trip!

My shot of the day is another self-portrait, this in the ridiculously large mirror in my hotel room which is of nautical theme.

I did have a great meeting this afternoon with one prospective student, for the record, and it was a most enjoyable meeting. I can't wait to read his application!

Back at it in the morning.

From Fisherman's Wharf, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: