My second stop was at Drew School, just a few blocks away. But since I was in a two hour spot I had to move which meant more and more circling and searching. Drew is a fun visit because I get to touch base with Densil Porteous, Kenyon alumnus and former director of multicultural admissions in our office. It's always a treat seeing a face familiar to Middle Path while on the road! I also ran into Mary Schmidt, also a Kenyon grad, who was following my visit to Drew with one of her own--though I can't remember for whom she works.Densil was a sport and posed in his sweet office. Note the fine Kenyon pennant behind him.
I then headed out to The San Francisco Waldorf School. I'm ever so grateful they have a parking lot of their own, so I look forward to my visits there all the more!!!
My understanding is that the school's building formerly housed a calling center. The property was purchased and remodeled by the school's founders--it is a beautiful spot to study.After several interviews back in the lobby of my hotel, I headed out to meet up with a good friend from my class at Kenyon. I suppose we've initiated a new tradition in that for the second year in a row we meet at Mum's Restaurant to dine Shabu-Shabu style. I was looking forward to tonight for a week! It's a fun way to dine and allows for good conversation as you have to wait for the food to cook in front of you.

You are served as many fresh, raw vegetables and beautifully sliced raw beef, and it is your choice as to how to season and mix them, along with two types of noodles, peanut sauce and a rice wine/soy sauce combination. It's fun, and a great price... I highly recommend it.
My shot of the day is of this owl that kept following me around the city. Clearly it is graffiti, or could be considered as such, but he appealed to me. And appeared to me on several different streets.

From San Francisco before I head to the peninsula, all the best.
-Noble

No comments:
Post a Comment