I returned late Saturday night to a campus in the early stages of a beautiful Autumn. We had nearly seventy students on campus Sunday into Monday for a Fall Overnight Visit Program, so things have been busy back in Gambier just as they were on the road.
Last night I had one of those 'WOW' moments that you can only experience at a place such as Kenyon. The Carolina Chocolate Drops performed at Kenyon's Storer Hall. The group is an African-American string band with three utterly out-of-this-world-with-talent members who play fiddle and banjo music from the North Carolina Piedmont area. I can't say enough how amazing this concert was...and they were kind enough to hang out and answer questions after.
Events such as these reinforce how special Kenyon is. If you ever have the chance to see the Chocolate Drops perform, I promise it would be worth every penny and moment of your time. This was an evening I will not soon forget.
From Ransom Hall, all the best.
-Noble
-
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(46)
-
▼
October
(11)
- Fair season
- Courgars, Wolverines, Grizzly Bears and Eagles, oh...
- New friends, great students and Santa Claus, to boot
- 3,188 miles from Gambier!
- A fair day
- Busy day!
- The weather you associate with Seattle
- Welcome, Families!
- Happy to be home!
- A polar bear to close the trip?
- Travels throughout the peninsula
-
▼
October
(11)
About Me
-
▼
2009
(46)
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gambier, Ohio 43022 (740)427-5000

No comments:
Post a Comment