Kenyon College

Monday, October 19, 2009

A fair day

Well, I'm done with college fairs in the Seattle area until this weekend. It was fine day--not as busy as I would have liked--but a pleasant one that ended with three enjoyable interviews. It's a pleasure to meet prospective students, each of whom brings their own passions, enthusiasms, interests and intrigues to the table. It's also fun seeing how Kenyon can fit each person in their own right and accommodate, and encourage, a full range of interests.

Here's a shot from the second fair today.

My life doesn't seem as glamorous on this trip, I'm sure, as I don't get to see the cities I visit in the same way as when I'm conducting high school visits. That changes tomorrow, though, as I fly to Anchorage to visit high schools in the area. It's my first visit to Alaska, and I can't wait! It never hit me how far the state is from the lower 48--it's a 3.5 hour flight tomorrow, 1,444 air miles! Stay tuned!

From Seattle, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: