Kenyon College

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wrapping up Nashville and heading south

What a wonderful job I have! I get to spend my days meeting amazing students, visiting with terrific people I consider new friends in the counseling world, all while getting to see different parts of the country and talking about my alma mater! Very cool...

My day began with a delightful visit to Montgomery Bell Academy. Their campus feels like a small college campus to me. I met a number of guys and it was fun getting to know them. This picture is from the middle of their campus. (I tried taking pictures of their stadium and track, but the sun wasn't cooperating, I'm sorry to say.)
I visited Harpeth Hall next, just a few minutes away. Though I wasn't able to see any students today, I did spend some time catching up with the counselors, a trip well worth the time. The view from Harpeth Hall's campus is stunning, as is the campus itself.

Lastly I paid a visit to Battleground Academy. The students who were scheduled to meet with me weren't able to get out of class, which I certainly understand...the only drawback to visits during class periods. As with the other schools of the day, BGA's campus is beautiful. What a treat to visit these places that most people would typically drive by! BGA's campus has its own historical marker. The school was founded in 1889.

I'm in Chattanooga for the night.

From the Choo Choo, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: