Kenyon College

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Surviving Seattle and meeting wonderful folks

An exhausting but rewarding day! Seattle traffic was crazier than usual as Microsoft had an employee retreat at one of the stadiums downtown. I made it safely to every appointment, and on time to boot, so I shouldn't complain that much. But there are some drivers out there who shouldn't be on the road, particularly when they're on their cell phones...oh well.

I began at Seattle Academy but didn't meet with any students there. Sadly, Melanie Reed was out at NACAC, which I knew, but it was still sad to not see anyone. The greatest gift for an admissions officer? See below...

That's right...reserved, dedicated parking!!! Thanks so much! It really makes my day so much easier.

My second visit was up to Lakeside. I had a terrific visit there, meeting with 17 students, and as always it was a pleasure to meet these students. The campus is under construction and their main hall is being renovated, so things are a bit hectic there. However, the counseling staff has done a fantastic job of directing visitors around campus, so it was an easy visit. This picture is looking down the main traffic circle to campus and the chapel.


Next, I raced down to The Bush School where it is always a pleasure to meet with the counseling staff who are so welcoming. Nine students were there to greet me (three of whom I met this summer, just a few weeks ago, on campus) and it was a fun presentation. The Bush campus is so attractive, and they've done an impressivejob of maintaining as much green space as is possible


For my final stop I visited Kelly and Wendy at University Prep. Five fantastic young women were there to learn more about Kenyon, and it was also a fun time talking with them.


I returned to the hotel and had the pleasure of interviewing three students, two of whom I had met earlier in the day. It truly was an honor meeting and talking with all three of them, and I'm excited to read their applications to Kenyon.

It was a long day, and I'm headed to bed.

From Seattle, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: