Kenyon College

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Greetings from the 49th State in its 51st year!

A quick entry today with a few pictures as it was primarily a travel day. It's so strange to be in one of the states but to be four hours behind home...it's just a weird disconnect when I think that 'life' or my life if I were on campus, is in effect four hours ahead of my current reality in Alaska.

I have two busy days scheduled in Anchorage, and I'm hopeful that I'll meet some terrific students. I know it is difficult to get out of class when representatives visit, and if you just have the time to swing by and say hello, that's fine too.

After landing and getting checked in and settled at my hotel, I headed downtown quickly in hopes of finding some gifts for people back home (no such luck!). I hit my favorite spot for pizza (which seems to be the hands-down favorite for all of Anchorage, as well) to which I've been looking forward for two weeks! While downtown, I snapped a picture of this fantastic sculpture that stands outside the Anchorage Museum.

This is the view from my hotel...not too shabby! (And I found out that there are rainbow trout and salmon in this water...guess what I'm thinking now?!?!)


From Anchorage, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: