My morning started with a visit to Chattanooga School for the Arts & Sciences where I saw Dr. Smith and three of her fantastic students. I always have a great visit at CSAS, and I love their building. This is one of their hallways, with original wooden lockers and college pennants to finish off the look. The place seeps with an academic aura.

My next stop was to McCallie. This all-boy's school has about half of their students as boarders. I learned that students from 14 states and 8 countries are studying at McCallie this year. Thanks to the counseling office for a most enjoyable visit, and to Will, my tour guide, for taking time out of his day to teach me about his school. I have a much better sense of the place! Here's a shot looking down on Chattanooga from the freshman dorm.

For my final stop in Tennessee this year, I drove up to Sewanee and met eleven students (and their amazing counselor!) at St. Andrew's-Sewanee School. Below is a picture of their new science center. The school is hoping for gold LEED certification! The building is named for their president (who had two of his children attend Kenyon!!!)
Thanks to everyone for a terrific week in the Volunteer State!I flew back to Ohio Friday evening. This morning (Sunday) I flew to Victoria, British Columbia, via Memphis and Seattle. Three flights tired me out! I'm now comfortably settled in my hotel, eager for a long night's sleep, before visiting UWC Lester Pearson tomorrow evening. There are currently two Pearson students studying at Kenyon, and I hope to meet some more future Lords & Ladies!
Briefly, a few shots from downtown Victoria for you...I hope they come across as well as they appeared to me tonight. This city is amazing, and the sights are just breathtaking.
From downtown, the provincial government capitol building.

A few of the harbor...
And the Old Victoria Customs House (behind which lurks Redfish Bluefish, the lunch spot I discovered last year...) a simply stunning building constructed in 1875.
I ventured over to Wharf and Fort Streets and found an amazing gem of a curry house. Somewhat unsettling and at the same time adventurous to dine in a restaurant located at the end of an alleyway, a restaurant with no windows out on the street, I couldn't have been happier. The place bragged to be the best East Indian food on the island of Victoria, and I dare say they are spot on.From Victoria, all the best.
-Noble

No comments:
Post a Comment