My day started off at Girls Preparatory School. I caught the tail-end of a fire alarm so everyone was a bit distracted but it was still a wonderful visit. This is a picture of one of the central courtyards at GPS.
My second stop of the day was to Chattanooga School for the Arts & Sciences where it is always a pleasure to meet with Dr. Smith. This is one of the places you can sense the history and purpose when you visit, and the hallways seemingly talk to you as you walk them.
I then headed over to Baylor School which is perhaps the most striking campus I visit. It looks more like a college campus--this is the chapel which houses the college counseling office in the basement. Baylor was prepping to send off its football team to a playoff game that night, so campus was even more lively than usual.

Lastly, I dropped in at McCallie School. I was able to meet with the counselors and talk a bit about new things at Kenyon while also covering football and fishing. The football team, also in the playoffs, was actually over in Memphis. And the junior and senior class had been off-campus that morning filming a session for CNN's Hero of the Year. A McCallie alumnus, Jordan Thomas, is one of the final ten nominees.
And that marks the end of my fall travels!!! It's been incredibly exhausting--and most rewarding--but I'm ready to be in Gambier for a while. I'm readying my eyes for all of the reading to come, and I'm excited that application season is upon us. Yesterday marked the passing of the first Early Decision deadline though anyone filing today will be fine, too.As always, I welcome any and all questions, and hope to do my best as you work your way through the college search process.
From Ransom Hall, all the best.
-Noble

No comments:
Post a Comment