Okay, so I'm not yet accustomed to blogging on a regular basis. And, I was a bit distracted by application reading! I do apologize. Today's entry will be brief as we're right in the middle of our regular decision committee process, but I wanted to let you all know what's happening right now in our office.
Since last Thursday, the twelve directors in our office have been sitting around a conference table over in our science quad. That's right...while the rest of our campus is off enjoying spring break, we hunker down for the last days of winter and discuss all of our regular decision applicants. Each file is being discussed in committee after having been read by at least two of the officers. Each applicant is given his/her time before the committee, and votes are cast...sometimes, more debate follows, and we vote again. But this really is a democratic process wherein we each have the opportunity to weigh our perspectives for each applicant, and then vote our positions accordingly.
In the future, I'll wax a bit more poetic on this subject but I wanted you to know why you haven't heard from our office. It isn't because we don't want to talk with you...in our minds, actually, we feel as if we ARE talking to each one of you...through the stories you tell in your essays and supplements!
From a secret location in the science quad, all the best wishes.
-Noble
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gambier, Ohio 43022 (740)427-5000

No comments:
Post a Comment