Kenyon College

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Q: Where is the big red guy?

A: He's at home, reading applications!

Much like the groundhog on February 2, we in admissions offices across the country will briefly stick our heads out once in a while, realize it is still the middle of winter and we're buried in applications, and go back into hiding for a few more weeks.

I know the waiting between January 15 (the application deadline) and our notification date must seem interminable, but I must assure you that we're acting as fast as we possibly can to be absolutely certain that all files are reviewed with the appropriate attention each one deserves.

These are solitary days for us, but I wouldn't trade them...it's an enriching and rewarding experience to learn more about the students you've met over the past several months. Applications can, at times, make you laugh and cry. During reading season I feel more in touch with the current generation of high school students than at any other time during the year. It's when we think constantly about students' fears, dreams, hopes, aspirations, and in turn, the future for our society.

From somewhere beneath a stack of files, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: