Kenyon College

Friday, July 17, 2009

Two fascinating meetings...

I can't believe that we've already cruised through mid-July! Where does the time go? We're eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Class of 2013 in a few short weeks, and we're equally excited to see our upper class students return, of course. I'll certainly be sad to see the passing of summer and the restfulness that the season brings, though.

I met with a prospective student from South Dakota today. Her enthusiasm for learning and exploration was palpable. Encounters such as this one remind me how truly lucky I am to represent Kenyon. She's been involved with DestinationImagiNation, an international group that promotes creativity, development of problem-solving skills and teamwork. This is in no means an endorsement of this group--I've just learned of it today--but check it out! I want to start a team here on campus!

I also wish to say "Hello!" to Lauren. She was here for the first session of the Young Writers workshop hosted by The Kenyon Review. I'm jealous of the work these students are able to dedicate to their craft while they're on campus...some of the prompts sound fascinating! There is also a workshop offered for adult writers. You can read more about them at The KR's website.

From Ransom Hall, all the best.
-Noble

No comments: